Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Postscript

Oh, I forgot to tell you about my stay in Pisa, overnight, before catching the flight to Barcelona.

After I had met up with my in-laws and deposited the children with them, I hopped in taxi to the hotel near to the airport. Everything was fine, ate dinner, showered, knitted and slept.

Next morning I woke up and had breakfast and then realising I had an hour or so to kill before leaving for the airport again I decided to look out on my balcony and decide whether to use the pool or not. I stepped out, the door closed behind me and clicked ominously. It had locked me out of my room! Thankfully I was fully clothed. I climbed over the railing to the next room, no-one in.

Looking down I saw a group of about 30 people congregating in the courtyard for a photo. I shouted down. After several attempts, they were German, I made myself understood. After being locked out for only about 20 minutes someone let me back in. I was so relieved.

No comments: