Thursday, October 18, 2007

Latest projects

I have been using my stash! I am so proud of myself for finding a use for some Noro Blossom that has been sitting in a box for about 2 years. I am making a tank top for Gad.
I am so proud of myself that I am making this for myself as a reward.
It is the Tangled Yoke cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007. I am using the cashmere that I bought in Florence in the summer. It is really soft and a lovely shade of pale blue. I have made good progress, having completed the body as far as the underarms and having knitted about half of the first sleeve. It is quick knitting and so far so good.


The garter stitch ribbing on the cuffs and bottom is really nice and I hope that the cardigan looks good when it is finished.
Knitting it in one piece has really inspired me to read Elizabeth Zimmerman and I bought 'The Opinionated Knitter' from the Socktopus stall when I went to Ally Pally last week to look around the knitting and stitching show. Socktopus is a new online store selling some great yarn, but they had an even greater selection of Elizabeth Zimmerman books at reasonable prices. I was really pleased to be able to look through them and choose which one I wanted to buy, rather than relying on reviews online. This one is a collection of her newletters which have some really great patterns in them. They are very inspiring and there are colour pictures of many of the designs that have been knitted up. I particularly liked the examples of stitch patterns that she included in some of her designs, charting them out for the reader to use.
I have now ordered some yarn from Knitpicks. I want to knit a saddle shoulder cardigan for Oli from my new book. They only ship to American and Canadian destinations, so as Oli is going to Boston I have had the parcel sent to some friends there and he will pick it up. I also purchased a little something for myself. I have long wanted some wooden interchangeable circular needles and now they stock them at Knitpicks. I can't wait!

No comments: