Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ripping back

I have just ripped back my Remembering Honey sweater, Interweave Knits Spring 2003, yet again. I have been battling with the lace panels on the front and finally decided to knit each side separately, instead of both of them at the same time. I have done the first side and had almost finished the second side, when I messed up again. It is impossible to unpick mistakes because of the amount of yarn overs and such like. I keep having to rip back to the start and begin again. Well here I go!



I have finished the first Fathers and Sons sock from Interweave Knits Winter 2006. I am please with it, it is really soft and the pattern has come out well. It looks large on me but it is for my Dad. I haven't worked out how to take pictures of socks yet, so you will have to bear with me. I managed to cast on and knit two rows of the second sock whilst waiting for Lily to finish her Nutcracker Ballet workshop at the Royal Ballet School this morning. It was very cute watching a class full of four year olds prancing around the studio. I think that I am going to need a third skein of cashmere from Colourmart. It doesn't say on the label if it is lace weight, but I presume it so. I can't find a skein of navy blue on the website, only cones. I don't need that much. I have emailed them and I hope that they reply. I now have to go and mark a stack of writing that my Year Six class have done, so until next time...

No comments: