Friday, December 1, 2006

Long suede boots

I have the best trick for zipping up knee length boots. Every year I go into countless shoe shops in the hope that there will be one pair of boots that I can zip up, all the way to the top. Every year there is only one type of boot that fits, the stretchy type of boot. It is always a bit embarassing to be seen as having mamoth sized calves. Yesterday I went into a great shop in Temple Fortune, Rojo, and found a gorgeous pair of boots. However, they would not zip up. The lady in there told me to zip them up as far as I could, then push them back down around the ankle and keep zipping up. When they were done up I pulled them up to the correct height. I think you can only do this with boots that have a stetchy vent at the top, but quite a lot of styles do. She even gave me a 10% discount when I bought them. Here they are:







Here is the photo of Blackberry, as promised. She has settled in really well and Gad is looking after her brilliantly. Lily and Benjamin are taking an interest, but Gad is the one that sorts her bedding and food out everyday.



I better fill you in on my knitting progress this week. Very little! I am a little stuck with the socks I am knitting, Father and Son socks from Interweave Knits Fall 2006. I am finding the instructions a little confusing. It is not clear whether to finish the chevron pattern off when separating stitches for the heel flap, or to do another pattern repeat before going to the finishing chevron pattern. I am going to think on it for a couple of days. I am making progress with my Remebering Honey sweater. I frogged the front lace pattern and started it again, after making numerous mistakes. It is now going well and I am hoping to get in finished and make a start on the sleeves.

No comments: