Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm really sorry that I haven't had time to blog for so long, it's been two weeks! I have been so busy between work and home. We are flying to New Jersey in a couple of weeks time, Oli has a job interview and I am going to suss it out. I have been able to take time of work, which is usually impossible when you are a teacher. Anyway, we have been busy filling the freezer with food and sorting the house out as my in-laws are moving in to look after the children. As punishment I am going with Year Six on their weekend to Bournemouth, the weekend before I fly. I am trying to work out when I am going to get my roots done before I go, I don't want anyone to think I am older than I really am!



I finally finished Remembering Honey. It fits really well and I have worn it twice in the week since I finished sewing it up. I am not sure how the yarn will wear over time. It is a cashmere and merino blend that I found in a yarn outlet in Lille, it only cost 3 Euros a ball! I am not sure how flattering the picture is, I told my six year old to point the camera and shoot!



I couldn't resist taking a picture of my first pair of knitted socks. I love them and have worn them loads, I finished them a while ago, but never took pictures. They are made from Fleece Artist sock yarn.



Last but not least, I started my second Clapotis. I am using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Black Purl. I have gone down two needle sizes and added four extra sets of increase rows. I haven't yet decided how many extra sets of straight rows I am going to add. The picture doesn't do it justice, you will just have to wait until it is finished and then I will post a new one.

Anyone know of any good yarn stores in New Jersey?

No comments: