Monday, April 23, 2007

A better example

I have resigned myself to the fact that my pictures don't look good. I have put in this picture of the Looking Glass Top from last summer's Interweave Knits to show you how my finished item should look. It does look like this in the flesh, in a gorgeous rasberry silk yarn, but the picture of it in last week's post is terrible. Also, I don't look as good as the model!

I have started a baby kimono jacket from Interweave Knits Summer 2005. Unfortunately they don't have pictures posted on the website for the projects in this edition of the magazine. You will just have to wait until I gather up enough courage to start photographing again. It is knit in Rowan Wool Cotton in cream and it is just plain garter stitch. The fun bit is that the pattern is knit in one piece, with minimal finishing. You only have to sew up the arm seams. I still have to finish my socks using the magic loop. Don't get me wrong, the loop is great, but I have lost track with them and need to get going again.

I really need to start using up my stash, a continual theme that I am going to keep coming back to. I am toying with the idea of making baby blankets with it. My cousin is expecting a baby any day and my brother and sister-in-law are expecting twins at the end of the summer. I think that I am going to be knitting baby gifts for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.