Sunday, April 15, 2007

Indecision

As usual I am posting days after my last post. I never seem to make the time to do any blogging, maybe it is because I am not a natural writer. I am hoping that once we move to New Jersey and I no longer work I will have time when the kids are at school. Or it might be that I am spending all my time exploring yarn stores and expanding the stash.

This brings me to another subject. STASH. I really want to knit it up. It is so hard to find inspiration and make decisions. At the moment I am debating whether or not I have enough double knitting cotton to make a couple of baby blankets. I also have loads of sock yarn, but am not in the mood to make socks. Indecision is a major fault of mine. I am contemplating making the log cabin blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting, again, not sure!

Finished projects:


Project: Looking glass sweater, Interweave Knits Summer 2006.
Yarn: Knitshop Chinese silk yarn, wine red.

I couln't get a good picture of this sweater, but I've finished it, barr the weaving in of the ends and blocking. It was easy to knit and I love the shape. These pictures really don't show it properly, so look at the link for a better idea of the way it looks.



My first attempt at lace knitting, ta da!!



Project: Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style.
Yarn: Colourmart lace weight cashmere, doubled.

This pattern was addictive. Once I had finally managed to cast on the correct amount of stitches, not drop any in the first few rows or break the yarn, I could not put it down. It is a great pattern and I loved the way it turned out. I have to block it and then give it to my sister Claire. I want to make one for myself, but I can't decide whether it would look good in a handpainted, variagated yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

The wonderful thing about blogging is that you can pick it up any time you like - there are no deadlines!