Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bank Holiday catch up

Oli and Gadi have finally left to go camping. It is their first trip, after talking about doing it for quite a while. Thankfully they decided that going up to the Lakes for one night was a bit ambitious. Instead they have taken Simon's advice and gone with him on the train to camp somewhere on the South Downs. They have taken a tent, a tonne of food and little else with them.

Benjamin, Lily and myself are off to meet my sister, Claire, for a civilized lunch and play in the park. We are going to take our Bank Holiday easy!

I decided that before I gave Claire her Ene's Scarf, I would try one last attempt at capturing its gorgeousness, again. Here are my attempts. You can see the lace pattern, but the colour looks a tad anaemic in the picture, in real life it is a stronger aqua colour.




I have also managed to finish the baby jacket I was knitting, which I plan to give to my cousin's new baby, Isabella. She was born on Wednesday lunchtime and I hope to see her tomorrow. I used the pattern I found in an old copy of Interweave Knits Summer 2005, the Baby Kimono. It is very easy to knit, in one piece, with a bit of sewing up under the arms. I did it in the yarn they use, Rowan Cotton Wool. I need to make a couple more for the twins that my sister-in-law is expecting.



Finally, I have started to knit this for myself:



It is a cardigan, again from an old magazine pattern. It is the Loop Stitch Cardigan from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2005/6. I decided to try it in Knitpicks Gloss in cocoa, a wool and silk mix. I am really pleased with the way it knits up, but it will take a while as I am using 3.25mm needles. I managed to have it sent to a friend in Washington as Knitpicks don't ship internationally. Their yarn is very reasonable compared to brand names and they have great range. I can't wait until we move to New Jersey as I will be able to order whenever I want.

No comments: