Monday, May 21, 2007

Frogging socks - the only polite way to say it!

I had such a hassle with my socks this week. I had put them down ages ago and I have not touched them, as I knew that I had to frog back and redo a short row heel that came out with holes in. I must have knit it about 4-5 times over on Sunday, when I finally had a brainwave and decided to look up an online tutorial. This one is great. It has a link to this which is also a great tutorial.Between the two I managed to finish the heel successfully and now I just have to finish both socks. I am knitting them together because I am not sure if I have enough yardage.One of them is on a circular needle, using the magic loop technique. I love it. The other is on double pins, not as fast.
This is the second sock that I frogged back to correct my short row heel. I think it looks better and it doesn't have a sieve-like appearance!
This is the first sock that I finished with a heel that is great, no holes etc, but it doesn't look as neat as it should. I can't remember how I did the increases on this one, but I am not frogging it in the name of neatness.
This one is the second sock, off my foot and looking fairly neat, although it is hard to tell as my camera is not taking good pictures - I tend to blame the tools!

No comments: