Monday, October 29, 2007

Frustration

I am still trying to get the sleeve right on my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I have reknit it using 3.5mm needles but have now found that I have what look like seam lines between each set of stitches on the double pins. I have ordered a 16 inch 3.5mm circular needle in the hope that if I frog again and knit using this I won't get the lines. They are hard to see on the picture, but I tried!
I have had a fairly eventful past week, having seen a gynaecologist on Tuesday and then finding myself having a laparoscopy the next day. I had a cyst on my left ovary which was large enough to need removing. It wasn't until during the procedure that the surgeon discovered that it looked a little suspicious and that there was no living ovarian tissue left. He went on to remove the ovary, cyst and fallopian tube. I am going to get the lab results tomorrow and hopefully all will be well. It has been a little worrying, but he thinks that it is benign. I have found it hard to concentrate on my knitting and subsequently the sleeve started to get on my nerves. I have put it to one side whilst I await the arrival of the circular needles.

Here is a picture of the project I started to keep my fingers busy whilst I wait. I wanted something simple and fairly mindless, as well as something that might use up my stash. Well here it is. It is a pinwheel baby blanket using some yarn that I have had knocking around for a while. I used some a few weeks ago for a baby sweater and now I am using the rest for a blanket. I have a couple of friends expecting babies so I am trying to get ahead of myself and knit something for them.

There isn't much else on the needle at present as I am waiting for Oli to go to Boston to pick up my Knitpicks package.

No comments: