Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tangled Yoke Cardigan

Wow! Haven't posted for over a month, but I have managed to complete both sleeves and the yoke on the cardigan and am now in the home straight. I have to finish the collar ribbing and am awaiting the arrival of a size 0 needle to pick up the stitches for the three needle bind off. I have even sewn up the tank top that I made for Gad using some Noro Blossom I had in my stash. I really want to use up my stash, but I have sock yarn I don't know what to do with as I think that it is too nice to use for socks! I can't take any picture at the moment because I need to replace the batteries in the camera.

I took a last minute trip to Boston last month and did buy a little to add to the stash, obviously more sock yarn that is too nice to make into socks! It is Mountain Colors Barefoot and is gorgeous. Any suggestions of what to make will be gratefully received. Not much else on the needles, although I need to start the cardigan that I promised Oli as I was able to pick up the yarn I ordered for it when I visited Boston. I bought it from Knitpicks and it was so reasonable. I also got my Harmony interchangeable needles which are great, but one of the needle connections on a number 4 needle is faulty. I am hoping that they will be able to send me a replacement.

Oli is off to New York next week and I am wondering if he will have time to stop by String and buy me a skein or two of something interesting. It is Chanukah this week after all and I only need a little skein of something to make me smile!

No comments: