Sunday, November 26, 2006

New member of the family



We finally found some time today to go and get the rabbit that we promised the kids. We went to Southgate and a place called London Lops. She is a half Lop and is black. We haven't named her yet, but I will post her name once we decide. I haven't taken a picture of her yet because I don't want to frighten her with the flash, as she needs time to settle in and become accustomed to her new home. She is eight weeks old and we are keeping her in the garage until she is a little older and stronger before relocating the cage and run outside. Benjamin is at a friends and doesn't know we have bought her, he will have such a surprise when he gets home.




On the knitting front I am still working on the first cashmere sock for my Dad. It is knitting up well and I hope that I will finish it soon. I have to get the next one done, there are so many projects I have to be getting on with. Ronke from the Brent Cross knitting group suggested that I make a finer version of Clapotis with the Lorna's Laces shepherd sock that Oli bought for me in Washington. I think I may do this with the skeins of Black Purl. I wonder how many I will need for it, the pattern calls for 4 skeins of Lion and Lamb. I might have to buy some more to make sure I have enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first blog!