Thursday, April 5, 2007

Itchy feet

We finally did decide to leave London and relocate to the U.S. Oli has taken a job in New Jersey, not the nicest of states, but we will be living about 20 minutes from Manhattan, over the George Washington Bridge. With the excitement has come endless worries about what to do with the house. We still haven't finished doing it up and furnishing it. I have to find someone to finish our bathroom, paint the outside of the house and touch up the paintwork inside. Then I need to to get curtains for the living room and carpet for the landing and stairs. It is impossible to find good workpeople who want to do a series of small jobs well. I will continue my search!

Knitting seems to have taken a back seat lately, with planning for school and house issues taking up most of my time. I still have to take photos of what I am doing at the moment. I have finished my sweater and am in the process of sewing it up. My socks are on a back burner and Ene's scarf is doing well. I want to try and work through my stash before we leave in the summer, so that I can start trawling yarn stores in New Jersey and Manhattan as soon as I arrive.

I want to knit a baby sweater with Koigu but can't find a good pattern, anyone know of one?

No comments: